So you have decided that you want to pursue a career as a beauty teacher/assessor and can’t choose a school for your beauty assessor course? Maybe you have read our previous blog on the VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement and need that final push.
As one of the longest-running beauty schools in the UK, founded in 1954, we fully understand the demands of beauty students. Through these years of experience, we have mastered high-quality teaching and facilities that put our students ahead in the beauty industry.
What makes Ray Cochrane Beauty School different from other centres?
We have received many emails from students looking for volunteer positions to achieve their teaching practice hours for their beauty assessor course. This information surprised us, as the centre they studied in should help their students’ progress and offer them a placement for their hours.
Apparently, this is not common practice for some centres, and therefore students spend a lot of money on a course that doesn’t prepare them effectively for teaching or assessing roles.
Why Choose us for Your Teaching Qualification?
At Ray Cochrane, we offer hands-on classroom experience as part of our assessing and teaching qualifications. We support you on your training journey so that once you achieve your qualification, you will be industry-ready.
You will study theory online in your own time and complete assignments at your own pace. Once the theoretical learning is complete, you will attend one of our conveniently located central London campuses to receive hands-on experience in our live classrooms with our experienced tutors.
Fear not though, you will still have access to your tutors for assistance! Whether through messaging, email or zoom, the dedicated support is there as you complete your course.
Remember: Flexible learning comes with great responsibility and commitment. You are responsible for ensuring you get your assignments done. Similar to the work of a beauty assessor who often works independently. Through the flexible learning of the beauty assessor course, you can learn to focus in various work environments and manage your time efficiently.
Hands-on Classroom Experience
Hands-on teaching and assessing will help you to prepare for the practical part of teaching. We offer an immersive classroom experience through:
- Guiding students through our experienced staff and their extensive knowledge.
- Students will observe our tutors conducting their lessons in theory and practical. You will assist them and the students during these sessions.
- The opportunity to invigilate a classroom of students completing theory exams.
- Practice marking assignments from our VTCT courses in line with your qualifications and skills.
- For your assessment qualification, you will assess a cohort of learners as they complete their practical assessments. You will provide them with feedback and determine if their assessment was competent or not yet competent. You will also record achieved assessments in their portfolio.
- As part of the teaching qualification, you will conduct a micro-teaching session on a topic related to your qualifications and training level.
- You will be assessed during these processes by the tutor/assessor and receive feedback.
- Your assessor will also be able to provide you with advice on how to improve in certain areas. This advice and guidance is essential and will help you to improve your skills as a teacher and/or assessor.
Why the Ray Cochrane Beauty School for a Beauty Assessor Course?
As one of the longest-running beauty schools in the UK, we have over 60 years of experience. This experience is evident through our facilities, tutors and expansive alumni list. Through the years, we have provided students with the most up-to-date equipment in the beauty industry. Whether in the form of laser machines, facial electrotherapy equipment and body massage equipment.
Ray Cochrane’s alumni, under our care, have gone on to complete an array of achievements globally. Such as opening their own clinics, spas and working for well-known brands. None of that would have been possible with our talented tutors.
Who better than to teach you a beauty assessor course than some of the best beauty assessors in the country?
All our tutors individually have over 10 years of experience within the beauty industry. CIDESCO/CIBTAC qualified and trained to the highest standards. The high standards transfer over to their teaching skills so that students don’t adopt bad career habits. The ideal training for those looking to become a beauty assessor! As a beauty assessor, you are responsible for assessing competency in a working environment and vocational skills. Therefore you need to be on the lookout for students making mistakes and adopting bad habits to assess them, and how would you know them if not taught what to look out for?
By completing your beauty assessor course at Ray Cochrane, you will be able to gain your training under an experienced tutor! If you are interested and want to find out more about starting your beauty teacher/assessor course, get in touch today! Our enrolment staff can be reached on 020 7486 6291 or firstname.lastname@example.org